All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmir Abbas Hoveyda was an Iranian intellectual, more comfortable with Sartre than with the classical Persian poet Saadi, who rose to become his country's Prime Minister, faithfully and for 13 years serving his king. The tragic Shakespearian tale of Hoveyda, who allowed himself to be seduced by the illusion of power, makes for fascinating reading. This work provides a narrative which illuminates the life of Iran's most pivotal and enigmatic 20th century figures but also sheds important light on Iran's late 20th century history.
- Author(s)Abbas Milani
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2000
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.