Peter Drucker: Shaping the Managerial Mind - How the World's Foremost Management Thinker Crafted the Essentials of Business Success by John E. Flaherty (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.61+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Definitive Overview of Peter Drucker's Contributions to Management Flaherty has accomplished the impossible: making a systematic thinker out of me. I am particularly impressed by his skill in balancing chrology and themes, and that over a sixty--year time span. I have learned a great deal about my work from this book. ----Peter F. Drucker Peter F. Drucker is the organizational thought leader of the twentieth century. For the sake of our ecomy, our community, and our society, every citizen needs to be familiar with his work. John Flaherty's book is both an intellectual adventure and a practical guide to Peter Drucker's thinking. Peter Drucker: Shaping the Managerial Mind should be in the book bag of everyone hoping to lead change or build an effective organization. ----Frances Hesselbein, chairman of the board, The Peter F. Drucker Foundation for Nonprofit Management At last! This much--needed comprehensive review of Drucker's thought will prove invaluable for those seeking a course in Drucker 101. ----Sally Helgesen, author of The Web of Inclusion: Building a New Architecture for Great Organizations There is doubt that Peter Drucker is our most significant contributor to the concept of modern management. There is also doubt that John Flaherty has produced our most significant analysis of Drucker's contributions to date. The scope of this effort is extraordinary. ----Leonard A. Schlesinger, senior vice president for development and professor of sociology and public policy, Brown University To leaders, students, and admirers everywhere, he is the father of modern management and the man who invented corporate America. According to Forbes magazine, he is still the youngest managerial mind after sixty prolific years of writing, lecturing, and consulting. He is Peter F. Drucker, the world's most widely read and influential thinker on business and management. While there have been several books about Peter Drucker and his life, this is the first to present a comprehensive synthesis and in--depth analysis of his works and insights on management. Drawing from over forty years as a student, follower, and friend, John E. Flaherty has created a definitive account of Drucker's managerial achievements. An expert on management himself, Flaherty provides readers with a practical overview of Drucker's most important contributions to management and business strategy. He t only captures Drucker's fundamental management concepts and ideas but also shows how these principles have current relevance for today's practitioners. For those new to Peter Drucker, this essential compendium is a crash course on his most profound discoveries on management, change, entrepreneurial endeavor, and executive effectiveness. For those who have read Drucker's extensive writings, this significant volume offers deeper insight into his more vel and far--reaching concepts. Filled with useful summaries and checklists of key lessons, Peter Drucker: Shaping the Managerial Mind distills a lifetime of wisdom and experience for managers and students everywhere.
- Author BiographyJohn E. Flaherty is professor emeritus of management at Pace University in New York City, where he was formerly dean of the Graduate School of Business and chairman of the Social Science Department. He first encountered Peter Drucker while auditing one of Drucker's management courses at New York University in the mid 1950s. Over the years, Flaherty has followed and kept notes on the material from Drucker's lectures, books, articles, conversations, and correspondence--many of which have found their way into Peter Drucker: Shaping the Managerial Mind.
- Author(s)John E. Flaherty
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication08/03/2002
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight634 g
- Width165 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.