All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionOffering an introduction to modern philanthropy with regard to the commitment and willingness of citizens, funds, churches and businesses to contribute voluntarily to society Philanthropy and the Philanthropy Sector: An Introduction attempts to map philanthropy and promote a better understanding of its characteristics and features. After years of division in welfare state debates between the role and responsibilities of government and the market a renewed focus on philanthropy has shown that many societies also harbour an important and growing voluntary sector. Something special is happening at the macro-societal level as the traditional government-market dyad is being broken by a renewed interest in this 'third way'. Intended for students, scientists, administrators, policymakers, politicians, fundraisers, philanthropists and philanthropic organizations this book adopts a social policy approach to look at philanthropy alongside other social arrangements and provide an invaluable introduction for all those interested in this fascinating social mechanism.
- Author BiographyTheo N.M. Schuyt is Professor of Philanthropic Studies at the Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam.
- Author(s)Theo N. M. Schuyt
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 5 b&w illustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.