All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis market-leading manual for the first-year physics laboratory course offers a wide range of class-tested experiments designed specifically for use in small to mid-size lab programs. A series of integrated experiments emphasizes the use of computerized instrumentation and includes a set of computer-assisted experiments that allow you to gain experience with modern equipment. By analyzing data through two different methods, learners gain a greater understanding of the concepts behind the experiments. The Eighth Edition is updated with four new ecomical labs and thirty new Pre-Lab Demonstrations, designed to capture interest prior to the lab and requiring only widely available materials and items.
- Author BiographyCecilia Hernandez-Hall received her M.S. in physics from the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus, in 1993. After teaching for two years at the Mayaguez and Cayey campuses, she joined the Physics Education Research Group at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln, where research in physics education was conducted with an emphasis on computerized instruction. Professor Hernandez has used computerized instruction with hundreds of her students, and she contributes to the computerized-instruction material throughout PHYSICS LABORATORY EXPERIMENTS. In 1998, Professor Hernandez joined the faculty of American River College. She also works for PASCO Scientific in Roseville, California, where she helps develop computer-assisted lab activities for college physics and write manuals for new equipment. Jerry Wilson received his physics degrees from Ohio University (B.S., Ph.D.) and Union College in Schenectady, New York (M.S.). In addition to co-writing PHYSICS LABORATORY EXPERIMENTS, he is one of the original authors of the first edition of AN INTRODUCTION OF PHYSICAL SCIENCE (published in 1971) and has several other physics textbooks to his credit. Wilson is currently Emeritus Professor of Physics at Lander University in Greenwood, South Carolina.
- Author(s)Cecilia A. Hernandez-Hall,Jerry Wilson
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight1140 g
- Width216 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.