Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionAt the frontiers of physics and chemistry lies the new and rapidly emerging area of complex plasma systems. The study of complex plasma systems that contain colloid na/microscopic particles is w actively pursued in a diverse range of scientific fields - from plasma and gas discharge physics, to astrophysics, materials science and engineering.This book highlights, in a systematic, insightful, and perceptive way, the fundamental physics and industrial applications of complex plasmas, with emphasis on the conditions relevant to laboratory gas discharges and industrial plasma reactors. It provides a specialized and comprehensive description of the most recent theoretical, experimental, and modeling efforts to understand the unique properties of complex plasma systems involving the stability, dynamics, and self-organization of colloid particles and their associations. Special attention is focused on the physical understanding of up-to-date developments in major techlogical applications of micron and na-sized particles.Each chapter is presented in a concise and comprehensive manner, with a categorized overview of the underlying physics followed by an in-depth description. The book will appeal to scientists and researchers as well as undergraduate and graduate students wishing to explore the flourishing interdisciplinary field of complex plasma systems.
- Author(s)A. A. Samarian,Ken Ostrikov,S. V. Vladimirov
- PublisherImperial College Press
- Date of Publication08/09/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImperial College Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight971 g
- Width147 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.