All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPigs - A guide to Management - Second Edition provides a comprehensive introduction to all aspects of pig-keeping: how pigs have developed, the influence of the market on the breeds and pig-keeping systems, nutrition, the pig and its environment, reproduction, piglet birth, survival, growth and development, and the important place of artificial insemination in both modern commercial production and maintaining our rare breeds. The welfare, care and managemet of the pig through to its sale as a finished pig, along with that of the breeding sow, gilt, boar, is a central theme.
- Author BiographyNeville Beynon grew up on a farm before attending agricultural college. He has worked both in commercial pig farming and as a lecturer at Sparsholt College. Hampshire and at the Berkshire College of Agriculture. He has worked as a freelance consultant since 1996 and has been a member of the Pig Industry Professional Register since its inception. A Fellowship of the Royal Agricultural Societies was awarded in 1992, in recognition of outstanding service to and achievement within the agricultural industry.
- Author(s)Neville Beynon
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/2014
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note120 colour photographs
- Weight343 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.