All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionEllen G. Levine draws on her extensive experience in clinical settings to present a series of case studies that demonstrate how art-making and imaginary play can provide a space for children to metabolize their experiences. Each study is followed by an arts-based research discussion of the themes that emerged in the clinical sessions and the basic principles that were followed in the work with the child or family. The model of expressive arts therapy is used to explore the questions that arise from the cases, which range from issues of war trauma, to anger, grief, and the impact of mental illness in the family. This comprehensive guide to the use of play and art in working with children and parents will be of interest to students and practitioners in the fields of expressive arts therapy and psychotherapy, in addition to anyone working with children in disciplines such as psychology, social work and psychiatry.
- Author BiographyEllen G. Levine is Co-Founder and Faculty member of ISIS-Canada, a Senior Staff Social Worker at the Hincks-Dellcrest Centre for Children's Mental Health, and a core faculty member of the European Graduate School, Switzerland. She has been working with children and parents in a clinical setting with the arts and play for over 30 years and is co-author of Art in Action: Expressive Arts Therapy and Social Change and Principles and Practice of Expressive Arts Therapy: Toward a Therapeutic Aesthetics, both published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. She lives in Toronto, Canada.
- Author(s)Ellen G. Levine
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/12/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note17 b&w photographs
- Weight399 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.