All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince winning the George Devine Award for Howie the Rookie in 1999, Mark O'Rowe has electrified audiences with his distinctive dramatic style and dark, dangerous storytelling. The collection includes: From Both Hips The Aspidistra Code Howie the Rookie Made in China And the previously unpublished play, Crestfall. In O'Rowe's first play, The Aspidistra Code (1995), Brendan and Sonia, head over heels in debt, are forced to hire their own protection against a volatile loan shark. From Both Hips (1997) sees Paul, a Dublin man shot in the hip during a bungled police raid, embark on a violent journey of revenge. In Howie the Rookie (which also won the 'Rooney Prize for Irish Literature'), brutal events take on mythical significance in a white-knuckle ride through a nightmare Dublin. In Made in China (2001), a dreadful accident sparks a savage tug-of-war between two criminal foot soldiers. And published for the first time - Crestfall (2003) - so dark that all but the tiniest glimmer of light has been extinguished, depicts three women trapped between nightmares and waking.
- Author BiographyMARK O'ROWE was born in Dublin, where he still lives. Earlier plays include From Both Hips, The Aspidistra Code, Howie the Rookie (George Devine Award), and Made in China, all from NHB. He also wrote the film, Intermission, starring Colin Farrell and Boy A, starring Andrew Garfield (BAFTA Best Actor Award 2008).
- Author(s)Mark O'Rowe
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication24/03/2011
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight431 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.