All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first study that employs a materialist framework to discuss the political implications of form in the films of Lars von Trier. Focusing mainly on early films, Politics as Form in Lars von Trier identifies recurring formal elements in von Trier's oeuvre and discusses the formal complexity of his films under the rubric of the post-Brechtian. Through an in depth formal analysis, the book shows that Brecht is more important to von Trier's work than what most critics seem to ackwledge and deems von Trier as a dialectical filmmaker. This study draws on many untranslated resources and features an interview with Lars von Trier, and ather one with his mentor - the great Danish director Jorgen Leth.
- Author BiographyAngelos Koutsourakis is the author of Politics as Form in Lars von Trier (Bloomsbury, 2013, 2016) and the co-editor of The Cinema of Theo Angelopoulos (2015). His work has appeared in Cinema Journal, Film Criticism, SubStance: A Review of Theory and Literary Criticism, Monatshefte fur deutschsprachige Literatur und Kultur, New Review of Film and Television Studies, Journal of Contemporary European Studies, Image and Narrative, Studies in European Cinema, Cinema: Journal of Philosophy and the Moving Image, and many more. His next book Rethinking Brechtian Film Theory and Cinema (2018).
- Author(s)Angelos Koutsourakis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Content Note25 bw illus
- Weight421 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.