Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a concise introduction to computational methods for solving large linear systems of equations. It is the only textbook that treats iteration methods for symmetric linear systems from a polymial point of view. This particular feature enables readers to understand the convergence behavior and subtle differences of the various schemes, which are useful tools for the design of powerful preconditioners. Published nearly 15 years ago, this book continues to be useful to the mathematical, scientific, and engineering communities as a presentation of what appear to be the most efficient methods for symmetric linear systems of equations. To help potential users of numerical iteration algorithms design schemes for their particular needs, the author provides MATLAB(R) code on a supplementary Web page to serve as a guideline. The code t only solves the linear system but also computes the underlying residual polymials, illustrating the convergence behavior of the given linear system.
- Author BiographyBernd Fischer is a Professor at the University of Lubeck. His research interests range from the solution of large linear systems of equations, the design and numerical treatment of dynamical systems arising in medical applications, to mathematical aspects of digital image processing with an emphasis on medical image registration problems.
- Author(s)Bernd Fischer
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/07/2011
- Series TitleClassics in Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number68
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.