Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a grand 'romance of the dark ages' - available in its full form for the first time. Widely regarded as Powys' finest achievement in fiction, Porius has never been published in its intended form - until w. The culmination of a lifelong passion for Wales and its mythology, Porius is at once a historical vel and a commentary on the nature of modern warfare. It is the year 499. The Saxons and their forest-people allies are advancing upon a Roman fort in North Wales in a desperate attempt to save the remnants of their matriarchate. Arthur has sent ahead Merlin, Nineue, and Medrawd, to help the beleaguered son of the reigning prince, Porius. Powys, a self-labelled 'born Inventor of Fairy Tales', transformed the people and animals of his Welsh village into the mythical figures that haunt Porius' primeval woods. Severely cut by previous publishers, this edition, newly edited by two pre-eminent Powys scholars, is Porius as Powys would have wanted what he considered 'the chief work of my lifetime'.
- Author BiographyJohn Cowper Powys (1872-1963), lived in the US and his native England. He wrote ten novels, including Autobiography and Weymouth Sands, as well as works of criticism and philosophy.
- Author(s)John Cowper Powys
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication11/10/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Out-of-print date05/08/2013
- Weight1043 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Edited byJudith S. Bond,Morine Krissdottir
- Foreword byMorine Krissdottir
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.