All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPostural Correction presents 30 of the most commonly occurring postural conditions in a comprehensive format, providing hands-on therapists and body workers the kwledge and resources to help clients address malalignments. Focusing on treatment rather than assessment, it takes a direct approach and applies specific techniques to improve posture from an anatomical rather than aesthetic perspective. Techniques vary for each posture correction, including deep tissue massage, simple passive stretches, soft tissue release, common trigger points and gentle limb traction. Postural Correction, a valuable adjunct to any joint-manipulative technique, will help professionals do both by correcting malalignments at a specific joint and with a more holistic approach.
- Author BiographyJane Johnson is a chartered physiotherapist and sport massage therapist specialising in occupational health. In this role she spends much time assessing the posture of clients and examining whether work, sport or recreational postures may be contributing to their symptoms. She devises postural correction plans that include both hands-on and hands-off techniques.
- Author(s)Jane Johnson
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication10/01/2016
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Note68 illustrations, 199 photographs
- Weight567 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.