All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
About this product
- DescriptionHow do developing states decide who gets access to public goods like electricity, water, and education? Power and the Vote breaks new ground by showing that the provision of seemingly universal public goods is intricately shaped by electoral priorities. In doing so, this book introduces new methods using high-resolution satellite imagery to study the distribution of electricity across and within the developing world. Combining cross-national evidence with detailed sub-national analysis and village-level data from India, Power and the Vote affirms the power of electoral incentives in shaping the distribution of public goods and challenges the view that democracy is a luxury of the rich with little relevance to the world's poor.
- Author BiographyBrian Min is Assistant Professor of Political Science at the University of Michigan. His dissertation received the 2011 Gabriel A. Almond Award for the best dissertation in comparative politics from the American Political Science Association. Min's articles have appeared in World Politics, American Sociological Review, and Annual Review of Political Science. He has received grants from the World Bank, the International Growth Center, and the National Science Foundation. Min received his PhD from the University of California, Los Angeles, MPP from Harvard's Kennedy School of Government, and BA from Cornell University.
- Author(s)Brian Min
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note40 b/w illus. 24 tables
- Weight370 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.