All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUse of real-time continuous glucose monitors among people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes is growing rapidly and should continue to grow until an artificial pancreas is brought to market. Likewise, use of professional systems in healthcare practices is expanding. But, other than manufacturer instructional manuals and some book chapters on CGMs, there are standalone publications available with concise, n-commercial instructions on CGM prescription and use. Additionally, continuous glucose monitors are too often t used to their full and proper potential. This leaves users with suboptimal glucose control and can result in system abandonment. To address this, diabetes educator and author Gary Scheiner has created Practical CGM: Improving Patient Outcomes through Continuous Glucose Monitoring to give healthcare providers the skill to make more effective use of the data generated by continuous glucose monitors, in both real-time and on a retrospective analytic basis. Using a plain-language approach and distilling content to concise, practical tips and techniques, Scheiner has created a guide that will help practitioners optimize patient use of CGM systems and, ultimately, improve glucose control and patient health outcomes.
- Author BiographyGary Scheiner, MS, CDE (the owner and clinical director of Integrated Diabetes Services LLC in Wynnewood, PA), is a well-known expert in the field of diabetes care and education. Gary's approach to diabetes education earned him the 2014 Diabetes Educator of the Year Award from the American Association of Diabetes Educators. He has written a number of books for people with diabetes and healthcare professionals, including the best-selling and highly acclaimed Think Like a Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes with Insulin. His expertise in Continuous Glucose Monitoring is extensive. He serves on the clinical advisory boards for multiple CGM device manufacturers and has written several articles for consumer magazines and chapters for textbooks on the subject. He has lectured internationally to both lay and professional audiences on continuous glucose monitoring and has trained and educated more than 500 clients on the use of all types of commercially-available CGM systems. Gary has used CGM in the management of his own diabetes since its advent in the 1990s.
- Author(s)Gary Scheiner
- PublisherAmerican Diabetes Association
- Date of Publication11/08/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationVirginia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Diabetes Association
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight182 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.