Precision Agriculture Technology for Crop Farming by Apple Academic Press Inc. (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $188.17+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $175.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the Sustainable Development of Agriculture in Techlogy Precision agriculture techlogy, when properly integrated into the crop production process, can greatly improve overall production and sustainability. Precision Agriculture Techlogy for Crop Farming focuses on the techlogy of site-specific crop management; detailing applications for sensing, data handling, modeling, and control. Written by experts who have contributed significantly to the development of precision agriculture techlogy, this book reviews its history-establishing background on the various processes and applications-describes the current status, and offers insight into the future techlogy of precision agriculture. Introducing processes and applications based on a global scale, the book reveals how precision agriculture can be used in large-scale agriculture, community agriculture, and diversified farming. It includes site-specific information from a variety of information sources for planning, planting, growing, and harvesting agricultural crops. It also presents a new concept based on the control system theory that can be used to formulate systematic methods for more effective precision crop production. In addition, this author: * Describes yield monitors and guidance systems, GPS-based soil sampling, real-time crop and soil sensors, and remote sensing * Evaluates a Japanese model of community-based precision agriculture aimed at high profitability and reliability under regional and environmental constraints * Highlights automous vehicles, field robots, and other intelligent machinery, emerging developments, and future techlogy in the field of production agriculture Precision Agriculture Techlogy for Crop Farming provides an overview of precision agriculture techlogy development, discusses current and future considerations, and aims to facilitate the successful integration of precision agriculture techlogy.
- Author BiographyDr. Qin Zhang is the director of the Center for Precision and Automated Agricultural Systems and a professor of agricultural automation in the Department of Biological Systems Engineering at Washington State University (WSU). Before joining the faculty at WSU, he was a professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He has authored two textbooks and six separate book chapters, edited two technical books and two conference proceedings, published 125 journal articles, presented more than 200 papers at professional conferences, and been awarded 10 U.S. patents. He is currently the editor in chief of Computers and Electronics in Agriculture.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note157 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 28 black & white tables
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byQin Zhang
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.