Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionStill the biggest concern for many on initial teacher training courses is the acquisition of subject kwledge and the ability to translate that into effective teaching. This book addresses this - building on the core subject kwledge covered in the Achieving QTS series and relating it to classroom practice. It supports trainees in extending and deepening their kwledge of Maths and demonstrating how to apply it to planning and implementing lessons. Practical and up-to-date teaching examples are used to clearly contextualize subject kwledge. A clear focus on classroom practice helps trainees to build confidence and develop their own teaching strategies.
- Author BiographyAlice Hansen is the Director of Children Count Ltd where she is educational consultant. Her work includes running professional development courses and events for teachers and teacher trainers, research and publishing. Alice has worked in education in England and abroad. Prior to her current work she was a primary mathematics tutor and the programme leader for a full-time primary PGCE programme at a large university in England.
- Author(s)Alice Earnshaw,Alice Hansen
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAchieving QTS Extending Knowledge in Practice LM Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note25 illustrations
- Weight293 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.