Prince William: Born to be King: An Intimate Portrait by Penny Junor (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by bookstock
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.30Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHis face is recognized the world over and his story is well kwn. But what is Prince William really like?As Diana's eldest son he was her playmate and her confidant. While the tabloids eagerly lapped up the lurid details of his parents' divorce, William lived painfully through it. He suffered the embarrassment, the humiliation and the divided loyalties. He watched his father deunced on prime time television; he met the lovers. And when he was just fifteen his beautiful, loving mother was suddenly, shockingly snatched from his life forever.The nation lost its Princess that day and its grief threatened the very future of the monarchy. What was almost forgotten in the clamour was that two small boys had lost their mother.His childhood was a recipe for disaster, yet as he approaches his thirtieth birthday, William is as well-balanced and sane a man as you could hope to meet. He has an utter determination to do the right thing and to serve his country as his grandmother has so successfully done for the last sixty years. The question is how? Who stopped him going off the rails, turning his back on his duty and wanting thing to do with the press - the people he blamed for his mother's death? Where did the qualities that have so entranced the world come from?In the last thirty years, Penny Jur has written extensively about both his parents and the extended family into which he was born. With the trust built up over that time, she has been able to get closer to the answers than anyone before.This is the first definitive, in-depth portrait of the man who was born to be King and of his relationship with the woman who will be his Queen.
- Author BiographyPenny Junor is a writer and broadcaster. She is the author of many best-selling biographies including ones of both the Prince and the Princess of Wales and two British Prime Ministers. She also co-wrote best-selling autobiographies of Pattie Boyd and Sir Cliff Richard. For many years she presented The Travel Show on BBC2 and Channel 4's award-winning consumer programme 4 What It's Worth. She is married with children and grandchildren and lives in Wiltshire.
- Author(s)Penny Junor
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Content Note4 x 8pp colour insets
- Weight782 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine39 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.