All listings for this product
About this product
- Description`Kwing I lov'd my books, he furnish'd me From mine own library with volumes that I prize above my dukedom.' The Tempest, I, ii, 166 With Shakespeare as the inspiration for Designer Bookbinders second International Competition, this lavish catalogue features contemporary design on the subject of the Great Bard from some of the best binders worldwide. A sister volume to the previous Bound for Success catalogue in 2009, it beautifully illustrates over 300 entries from this prestigious competition held again by Designer Bookbinders at the Bodleian Library, Oxford in 2013. This publication is t only a celebration of the prizewinners and a companion to the exhibition at the Bodleian Library, but also an invaluable record and impressive showcase of the creativity, skill and craftsmanship of a thriving bookbinding community throughout the world in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyJeanette Koch is an active member of Designer Bookbinders and currently serves on the Society's Executive Committee, as well as on the Editorial Board of The New Bookbinder. Her work is held in private collections in the United Kingdom, Germany, the USA and in the Alec Taylor Collection housed at The British Library.
- PublisherThe Bodleian Library
- Date of Publication12/06/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodleian Library
- Content Note253 Illustrations, color
- Weight750 g
- Width194 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJeanette Koch
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.