All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive first course in Scheme, covering all of its major features: abstraction, functional programming, data types, recursion, and semantic programming. Although the primary goal is to teach students to program in Scheme, this will be suitable for anyone taking a general programming principles course. Each chapter is divided into three sections: core, appendix , and problems. Most essential topics are covered in the core section, but it is assumed that most students will read the appendices and solve most of the problems - all of which require short Scheme procedures. As well as providing a thorough grounding in Scheme, the author discusses different programming paradigms in depth. An important theme throughout is that of meta-programming , thus providing an insight into topics such as type-checking and overloading which might otherwise be missed.
- Author(s)Jon Pearce
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleUndergraduate Texts in Computer Science
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight620 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1998
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.