All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionProse in the Key of Life, Volume One, is the first installment of short stories by artist and hobbyist writer, Roland P. Joseph. The stories are set against Trinidad and Tobago's cultural and social landscape and are gleaned from real-life experiences. -The Kidnap Miracle: Mrs. Pearl Rampersad, a genteel middle-aged housewife grapples with mid-life insecurities. She seeks comfort in the arms of a thuggish youth who blackmails her and places her family in grave danger. -A Song in a Storm: Kerron Ali, a.k.a. Ocean Samuel, a talented youth from an impoverished village in Trinidad, wins a prize in a local talent contest to audition for a New York music producer. He soon realizes that the glitz and fame of stardom comes with too high a price. He returns home to Trinidad and discovers that the serene life he took for granted is crumbling before his eyes. -Indiscretions of a Carnival Queen: The marriage of a former Carnival Queen, Annabelle Castello, to a motorcar magnate forty years her senior, ends in a bitter divorce. In an attempt to rekindle her lost youth, she befriends a young torious playboy who brings excitement and intrigue to her life along with an unpleasant surprise. -Secrets of a Frantic Housewife: Originally planned as the pilot for a local soap opera, The Wives of Ocean View, the story unfolds in an affluent residential area in South Trinidad where one of the residents, Chandra Lutchman craves social acceptance and the high life but must hide a deep dark secret t only from her neighbours, but from her husband.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author: Roland P. Joseph is an artist and hobbyist writer from Trinidad and Tobago. His works capture real people, places, and life's experiences in his homeland. He is currently working on new short stories and an abridged version of his first novel, A Fading Rainbow. His artwork is featured on the front and back covers of this publication.
- Author(s)Roland P Joseph
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication31/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.