All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- Description<b>For fans of music and edgy fashion, this is the story of punk, told by the people who lived it and the shirts on their back.</b> The punk revolution wasn't just music--it also shaped fashion, especially the ripped, often handmade T-shirts emblazoned with provocative slogans. <i>Punk Tees</i> captures this youthful revolt through the people who lived it and the clothing they wore. It charts the evolution of punk, T-shirt by T-shirt, from the genre's roots in the 1960s through its zenith in the mid-1970s/early 1980s, to its legacy today. Moving from the Ramones in New York, to their British counterparts the Sex Pistols, to Metal Urbain in Paris, to bands in Germany, Australia, Scandinavia, and Japan, this book illuminates what punk culture really meant. Included are original interviews with fans discussing their own customized punk T-shirts, as well as with punk's key influencers.
- Author BiographyMartin Popoff is the author of 50 rock books, including <i>The Ramones at 40 </i>and <i>Fade to Black: Hard Rock Cover Art of the Vinyl Age</i> (both Sterling) as well as a 20-year veteran writer for the likes of <i>Goldmine</i>, <i>Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles</i>, <i>Guitar World</i>, <i>CMJ</i>, and bravewords.com. Additionally, Martin served as consultant and researcher for Banger Films on feature films as well as the TV series <i>Metal Evolution</i> and <i>Rock Icons</i>, and is a regular speaker at conferences on the history of heavy metal. He lives in Toronto, Ontario.
- Author(s)Martin Popoff
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1134 g
- Width231 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.