All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow to make money investing in high-quality, low-risk stocks <p> Purple Chips presents a unique stock-picking method based on identifying great companies based on simple visual examinations of financial health, applying three basic criteria to distinguish high-performing purple chip stocks from mere blue chip investments. The book also delves into the psychology of investing, arguing that most investors are better suited to winning small gains often and losing occasionally, rather than taking small losses often and winning big from time to time. In seven succinct chapters that feature plenty of helpful examples, graphs, and charts, author John Schwinghamer presents a simple and effective way to win with stocks. For more information, please visit www.PurpleChips.com.
- Author Biography<p>John Schwinghamer is a portfolio manager with a major bank in Montreal. He started his career in 1984 as floor trader at the Montreal Exchange and then became a stock broker and an expert in derivatives. John has also held management and partnership positions in several investment firms, and he currently manages the portfolios of a select group of clients. He has a B.Comm. in finance from Concordia University, as well as extensive securities industry accreditation. He is a lead judge for the International Case Competition at the John Molson School of Business at his alma mater. He has also been an expert witness in derivatives court cases. John lives in Montreal with his artist wife and has three children.
- Author(s)John Schwinghamer
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.