Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an indispensable compendium of popular misconceptions, misunderstandings and common mistakes culled from the hit BBC show, QI. From the bestselling authors of The Book of General Igrance comes a ticeably stouter edition, with 26% extra facts and figures perfect for trivia, pub quiz and general kwledge enthusiasts. The QI team sets out again to show you that a lot of what you think you kw is wrong. If, like Alan Davies, you still think the Henry VIII had six wives, the earth has only one moon, that George Washington was the first president of the USA, that Bangkok is the capital of Thailand, that the largest living thing is a blue whale, that Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone, that whisky and bagpipes come from Scotland or that Mount Everest is the world's tallest mountain, then there are at least 200 reasons why this is the book for you. The researchers at QI have written many bestselling books including such titles as The QI Book of General Igrance and 1,277 Facts To Blow Your Socks Off. They w present a ticeably stouter edition, an indispensable handbook for trivia lovers, pub quiz enthusiasts and general kwledge experts alike. And remember - everything you think you kw is still wrong.
- Author BiographyJohn Lloyd CBE devised The News Quiz and To the Manor Born for radio and Not The Nine O'Clock News, Spitting Image and Blackadder for television. John Mitchinson has been both bookseller and publisher and looked after authors as diverse as Haruki Murakami, The Beatles and a woman who knitted with dog hair. Together they are in charge of research for the hit BBC show QI, and have written many bestselling books, including such titles as The Book of General Ignorance, 1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off and most recently, 1,411 QI Facts To Knock You sideways.
- Author(s)John Lloyd,John Mitchinson
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication25/12/2008
- SubjectTV Tie-In Humour
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight73 g
- Width125 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Most relevant reviews
- nikkishebop6702 Feb, 2017by
QI really is.
Entertaining, enlightening and a really easy read.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- berpendidikan30 Jul, 2013by
You'll learn something interesting every time.
I bought both this book and the Second Book of General Ignorance....I have one by my desk and the other in my car. I'm finding the articles very interesting....and just the right size when I am perhaps waiting for someone or in the waiting rooms where I have an appointment etc. The articles are fairly short but serious information. They also,after the end of the article, put in a few funny(or attempted funny) comments...those I could have done without,but they are a minor part of the articles. The book itself is great.
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72