All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis introduction to quantum algorithms is concise but comprehensive, covering many key algorithms. It is mathematically rigorous but requires minimal background and assumes kwledge of quantum theory or quantum mechanics. The book explains quantum computation in terms of elementary linear algebra; it assumes the reader will have some familiarity with vectors, matrices, and their basic properties, but offers a review of all the relevant material from linear algebra. By emphasizing computation and algorithms rather than physics, this primer makes quantum algorithms accessible to students and researchers in computer science without the complications of quantum mechanical tation, physical concepts, and philosophical issues. After explaining the development of quantum operations and computations based on linear algebra, the book presents the major quantum algorithms, from seminal algorithms by Deutsch, Jozsa, and Simon through Shor's and Grover's algorithms to recent quantum walks. It covers quantum gates, computational complexity, and some graph theory. Mathematical proofs are generally short and straightforward; quantum circuits and gates are used to illuminate linear algebra; and the discussion of complexity is anchored in computational problems rather than machine models. Quantum Algorithms via Linear Algebra is suitable for classroom use or as a reference for computer scientists and mathematicians.
- Author BiographyRichard J. Lipton is Professor and Frederick G. Storey Chair in Computing at Georgia Tech. Kenneth W. Regan is Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York.
- Author(s)Kenneth W. Regan,Richard J. Lipton
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2015
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note7 b&w illus.
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.