All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionThe Monsoon Season of 2009 was a little quiet in Quartzsite, AZ with the exception of the great storm that hit in early September. This book features photographs of the bank to bank rapids of Tyson wash on storm day, as well as, flooded streets and omius skies. Also featured are additional photographs of the monsoon season of 2008 & 2009.
- Author BiographyA Native American, born and raised in Tacoma, Washington, Joan came to live in Quartzsite, Arizona in the sweltering summer heat of 2008. Having lived in the desert some 16 years earlier Joan desired the warmth and the beauty the desert had to offer. One of the most fascinating memories of living in the desert was the Monsoon season that riddled the skies with ominous clouds that she still, to this day, calls thunder rollers and the amazing lightning shows that filled the distant and near skies at night. Having her digital camera in hand Joan began to take photographs of the skies and remarkably captured fascinating photos of the great storm of 2009. Many residents and visitors of Quartzsite began seeking copies of the photos that Joan took of the great storm and that is how this book came about.
- Author(s)Joan M La Pointe
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.