All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRadical theology and political theology are terms that have gained a lot of currency among philosophers of religion today. In this visionary new book, Jeffrey W. Robbins explores the contemporary direction of these movements as he charts a course for their future. Robbins claims that radical theology is longer bound by earlier thinking about God and that it must be conceived of as postsecular and postliberal. As he engages with themes of liberation, gender, and race, Robbins moves beyond the usual can of death-of-God thinkers, thinking against them as much as with them. He presents revolutionary thinking in the face of changing theological concepts, from reformation to transformation, transcendence to immanence, messianism to metamorphosis, and from the proclamation of the death of God to the tion of God's plasticity.
- Author BiographyJeffrey W. Robbins is Professor and Chair of the Department of Religion and Philosophy at Lebanon Valley College. He is editor of The Future of Continental Philosophy of Religion and author of Radical Democracy and Political Theology.
- Author(s)Jeffrey W. Robbins
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication08/08/2016
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleIndiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight427 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.