All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew York has, since its founding, been a city of struggle, a place where workers lived, created wealth and spun out the rich cultural tapestry that has put the small island of Manhattan at the very centre of the world's imagination. It is a city of proletarian uprising, of abolitionist rebellion, of civil rights demonstrations and radical futures. Through 12 walking tours, Bruce Kayton takes us through this often forgotten history and shows us the New York of Langston Hughes, of Margaret Sanger and John Reed, of demonstrations and shootouts and marches.
- Author BiographyBRUCE KAYTON has been a political activist for over thirty years. He has appeared on National Public Radio, WNYC-Radio and WBAI-Radio, and taught at the New School University and the Jewish Radical Education Project.
- Author(s)Bruce Kayton
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.