All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives an overview of the world's literature on analytical data and theoretical concepts of the regularities of rare earth elements (REE) in ultramafic and mafic rocks of different chemical and mineral compositions - mantle restites (including those composing mantle xeliths in alkali basaltoids), highly magnesium hypabyssal rocks, plutonic rocks of mafic-ultramafic and ultramafic-mafic massifs, as well as in the main minerals composing these rocks - olivines, orthopyroxenes, clipyroxenes, plagioclases, and amphiboles. Much attention is given to a comparative analysis of the REE distribution in rocks and minerals from different types of massifs, complexes, and provinces. Various aspects of their intragranular and intermineral distribution are considered, and data on the coefficients of their partition between minerals and their parental melts as well as between coexisting minerals are generalized. Probable schemes of REE isomorphism in rock-forming minerals are discussed. The generalization is based on the results of analyses of several thousands of rock samples and more than 2000 analyses of minerals, part of which was carried out with samples from author's collections. The book is intended for specialists in petrology and geochemistry of ultramafic, mafic, and other types of igneous rocks as well as students of geological departments of colleges and post-graduate students.
- Author BiographyProfessor Felix Lesnov graduated at the Geology Department, University of Lviv, Ukraine in 1957. Between 1957 and 1963 he was employed by the USSR Ministry of Geology (field geologist), Ulan-Ude. As of 1963 he is affiliated with the Institute of Geology and Mineralogy, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Novosibirsk). He published more than 250 papers and 8 monographs, dedicated to geology, petrology, petrochemistry , mineralogy, geochemistry, and metallogeny of mafic-ultramafic associations of Chukotka, Kamchatka, Sakhalin Island, Transbaykalia, Mongolia, Urasl, Tian-Shan, Northern Pamir, and other regions.
- Author(s)Felix P. Lesnov
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/09/2010
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Note152 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 179 black & white line drawings
- Weight1247 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.