All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionA Comprehensive and Compassionate Approach to Cancer Care Reclaiming Your Life After Diagsis is packed with incredible information and resources to get you or someone you love through the challenging journey of a cancer diagsis and treatment. This book accurately and compassionately addresses the physical, emotional, social and practical needs of cancer patients and their support systems. Find out how to: Put an effective support and resource team in place to buffer against the challenges of diagsis and treatment Build a community to deal with the daunting decisions treatment requires Develop practical, more effective ways to manage side effects Deal with complex emotional issues ranging from the shock of initial diagsis to creating a living legacy and a meaning-filled life Through powerful, first-person testimony, as well as a plethora of the best tips, evidence-based research, treatment and support information currently available, Reclaiming Your Life After Diagsis will help cancer patients develop the strength and empowerment they need to stay focused on healing-and to develop the mindset of a survivor.
- Author BiographyWith a strong background in health care, patient education, and national patient advocacy, Kim Thiboldeaux is the President & CEO of the Cancer Support Community, a combination of The Wellness Community and Gilds' Club as well as one of the largest providers of social and emotional support worldwide. In the cancer and health care communities, Kim serves as a founding board member of the Education Network to Advance Cancer Clinical Trials, member of the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, co-chair of the Alliance for Quality Psychosocial Care, and advocacy board member of the Ruesch Center for the Cure of GI Cancers at Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. Kim is also the host of Frankly Speaking About Cancer with the Cancer Support Community, an award-winning Internet talk radio show that airs weekly on VoiceAmerica.com informing and inspiring listeners to live well with cancer. Mitch Golant, PhD, is a health psychologist and Senior VP Research & Training for the Cancer Support Community (CSC). He has traveled throughout the world introducing CSC's Patient Active Concept to international thought-leaders and psychosocial oncologists. He has been with CSC for over 28 years where he supervised and trained CSC's professional clinical staff. Golant was central to the launch of the award-winning Cancer Support Community Online in both English and Spanish and Group Loop: Teens. Talk. Cancer. Online. He has previously served on the Board of Directors for the American Psychosocial Oncology Society. He will receive the Los Angeles County Psychological Association's Distinguished Contribution in Psychology Award in October 2011. He is the contributing editor to the Essentials of Psychosocial Oncology Handbook (2006) and The Psychiatric and Psychological Dimensions of Pediatric Cancer Symptom Management (2008). He is also the co-author of seven books including What To Do When Someone You Love is Depressed (2007), and a contributing author of Psycho-Oncology, 2nd Edition (2010).
- Author(s)Kim Thiboldeaux,Mitch Golant
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication05/06/2012
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byMehmet Oz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.