All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionA complete guide to selection and use of the best reagents for a wide range of transformations This book is the updated and expanded Second Edition of Jacqueline Seyden-Penne's practical guide to selection of reducing reagents in organic synthesis. It is an indispensable working resource for organic synthetic chemists-the only reference focusing exclusively on alumihydrides and borohydrides and their derivatives. Simple to use, it is organized according to specific reductions so that chemists can more easily match the best reagent to a given transformation. Throughout, Dr. Seyden-Penne emphasizes four crucial categories: compatibility, possibilities for partial reduction, the regio- and stereoselectivity of reductions that are altered or controlled by neighboring groups, and asymmetric reductions. Extremely well-referenced, Reductions by the Alumi- and Borohydrides in Organic Synthesis provides the most up-to-date, detailed coverage of: Successful techniques for performing highly selective reductions Chemo-, regio-, stereo-, and enantioselective reductions of both simple and complex compounds Best methods for obtaining the main functional groups by hydridereduction, provided in quick-reference tabular form New and more selective reagents developed within the last five years Experimental conditions, including solvent and temperature, and yields for most cases described.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Seyden-Penne, PhD, is Emeritus Director of Research at CNRS. From 1972 to 1991, she taught postgraduate organic chemistry at Orsay University in Paris, and she served as the head of a CNRS Research Unit at Orsay from 1983 to 1991. She has published more than 200 research papers in international journals and was scientific editor of the Bulletin de la Societe Chimique de France and the Journal of Chemical Research. Dr. Seyden-Penne is an acknowledged international authority on carbanions and selective stereochemical methods in organic synthesis.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Seyden-Penne
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/12/1997
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight592 g
- Width161 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.