All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.40Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis book by practitioners, policy analysts, and young people, for practitioners, policy makers, and researchers, captures up-to-the-moment experience and as yet unresolved issues in a newly emerging field: dropout reengagement. Key elements in this field include reaching out to young people who have left school for a myriad of reasons, and providing individualized supports and services all the way through to successful re-enrollment. The development of coordinated citywide efforts to re-engage out-of-school youth on positive educational pathways -- in several dozen cities in recent years -- spurred the effort to document practice and policy. Readers will come away with an understanding of results to date, as well as a sense of the variety and continuous improvement and invation underway. This book describes the impressive early accomplishments of reengagement efforts in several cities, provides practical advice from a variety of perspectives for those seeking to launch or formalize local reengagement programs, and describes how reengagement at scale could help solve the crisis of unfulfilled potential represented in America's millions of young people without high school credentials.
- Author BiographyAndrew O. Moore supports the nationwide Reengagement Network in his role as a program director at the National League of Cities Institute for Youth, Education, and Families. He brings to this role, extensive experience with youth conservation corps, alternative education, and youth employment programs.
- Author(s)Andrew O. Moore
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight454 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.