All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionWith the rapid growth of Cloud computing, the size of Cloud data is expanding at a dramatic speed. A huge amount of data is generated and processed by Cloud applications, putting a higher demand on cloud storage. While data reliability should already be a requirement, data in the Cloud needs to be stored in a highly cost-effective manner. This book focuses on the trade-off between data storage cost and data reliability assurance for big data in the Cloud. Throughout the whole Cloud data lifecycle, four major features are presented: first, a vel generic data reliability model for describing data reliability in the Cloud; second, a minimum replication calculation approach for meeting a given data reliability requirement to facilitate data creation; third, a vel cost-effective data reliability assurance mechanism for big data maintenance, which could dramatically reduce the storage space needed in the Cloud; fourth, a cost-effective strategy for facilitating data creation and recovery, which could significantly reduce the energy consumption during data transfer.
- Author BiographyYun Yang is currently a full professor in School of Software and Electrical Engineering at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia. Prior to joining Swinburne in 1999 as an associate professor, he was a lecturer and senior lecturer at Deakin University, Australia, during 1996-1999. He has coauthored four books and published over 200 papers in journals and refereed conference proceedings. He is currently on the Editorial Board of IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing. His current research interests include software technologies, cloud computing, p2p/grid/cloud workflow systems, and service-oriented computing. Wenhao Li is currently a research fellow in School of Software and Electrical Engineering at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia. His research interests include parallel and distributed computing, cloud and grid computing, workflow technologies, and data management in distributed computing environment. Dong Yuan is currently a research fellow in School of Software and Electrical Engineering at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia. His research interests include data management in parallel and distributed systems, scheduling and resource management, grid and cloud computing.
- Author(s)Dong Yuan,Wenhao Li,Yun Yang
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication11/12/2014
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Weight210 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.