All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhaidon's classic illustrated mograph on Rembrandt, updated with an elegantly crafted design for today's burgeoning art aficionados.Reviving a much beloved group of artist mographs from the Phaidon archive, the new Phaidon Classics bring to life the fine craftsmanship and design of Phaidon books of the 1930s, 40s and 50s. Updated with a contemporary classic design, full color images and new introductions by leading specialists on the work of each artist, these elegantly crafted volumes revive the fine bookmaking of the first half of the twentieth century, making Phaidon Classics instant collectors' items.Rembrandt (1606-1669) was arguably the finest painter of the rthern Baroque period, and his intimate self-portraits and vast historical canvases such as The Nightwatch open up the world of the seventeenth-century Netherlands. The luxurious large-format book highlights Rembrandt's unique lighting techniques and rich palette.
- Author BiographyTancred Borenius (1885-1948) was a Finnish art historian, diplomat and the first Professor of Art History at University College London. Walter Liedtke is Curator of European Paintings at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and a specialist in Dutch and Flemish paintings.
- Author(s)Tancred Borenius,Walter Liedtke
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitlePhaidon Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Width260 mm
- Height354 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.