All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionA practical 'how to' book for managers and employee representatives. The book identifies a range of skills and techniques and uses 16 short case studies to illustrate the points made based on the author's 30 year experience of employment relations. It gives a step-by-step guide to a negotiation using traditional collective bargaining. Areas covered include preparation for the negotiation, questioning techniques, dealing with aggression, how to identify and respond to 'dirty tricks' used by negotiators, how to negotiate when faced with a collective dispute, and a review of new methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). In addition, an appendix contains a simple self-assessment tool for negotiators.
- Author BiographySteve Hodder is a former London Director and Chief Conciliation Officer for Acas (the Advisory, Conciliation & Arbitration Service). After a career in Acas lasting more than 30 years, he now works as an HR consultant helping employers deal with the employment relations challenges they face. He is an experienced facilitator, mediator, employment relations adviser and trainer.
- Author(s)Steve Hodder
- PublisherManagement Books 2000 Ltd
- Date of Publication02/11/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCirencester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintManagement Books 2000 Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.