All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat makes someone covet a Kelly bag? Why are Cirque Du Soleil or Grey Goose so successful despite breaking all the conventions of their categories? What does Gucci's approach to marketing have in common with Nespresso's? And why do some people pay a relative fortune for Reva toilet paper or Aesop detergent even though they hardly ever 'advertise' and seem to have ne of the 'functional performance advantages' conventional marketers would seek to demonstrate? Prestige brand experts JP Kuehlwein and Wolfgang Schaefer have dedicated themselves to studying what drives the success of prestige brands. Rethinking Prestige Branding collects their insights. Uncovering the secrets of why and how some brands are created more equal than others, Rethinking Prestige Branding includes over 100 case studies from Apple and Abercrombie & Fitch to Tate Modern and Tesla. Rather than re-telling brand success stories or re-hashing long-standing marketing principles, it takes readers on a colourful journey behind the scenes of today's marketing pros. This book will fascinate the marketing professional just as much as those who are simply curious as to how premium brands tick.
- Author BiographyWolfgang Schaefer is Chief Strategic Officer at SelectNY, one of the world's leading premium brand building networks. Wolf has been building global brand strategies for over 20 years in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific for companies as diverse as PepsiCo, P&G, Unilever, Coty and Nestle. His main expertise lies in prestige brands such as Davidoff, Chopard, Swarovski, Lancaster amongst many others. Holding an MA from the University of the Arts Berlin, Wolf is co-located between NYC and Berlin and is a frequent lecturer at universities and conferences in the US as well as Europe. JP Kuehlwein is Executive Vice President at Frederic Fekkai, a New York-based prestige salon operator and hair care brand and an Outside Director of Smith & Norbu, a luxury optical frame maker in Hong Kong. He draws on over twenty years of hands-on experience in managing brands at Procter & Gamble across markets in Europe, North America and Asia. JP holds degrees in international management and business analysis from the universities of Reutlingen (Germany), Reims (France) and Lancaster (UK) and enjoys sharing his business and branding insights with students and marketers across the globe.
- Author(s)J. P. Kuehlwein,Wolfgang Schaefer
- PublisherKogan Page Ltd
- Date of Publication03/05/2015
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKogan Page Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight406 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.08Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.