All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRetrieving the Ancients tells the story of the first philosophers in the West. A clear and engaging introduction to ancient Greek philosophy, this work tells the story of the first philosophers in the West, from Thales to Aristotle. It has a strong sense of narrative drive. This work treats the history of ancient Greek philosophy dialectically, as a conversation in which each thinker responds to and moves beyond his predecessors. It argues that the works of the ancients are as valuable today as ever.
- Author BiographyDavid Roochnik is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Boston University. His previous publications Of Art and Wisdom: Plato's Understanding of Techne (1996) and Beautiful City: The Dialectical Character of Plato's Republic (2003). In addition to his scholarly work in the field of ancient Greek philosophy, he has also published a short story and has recently completed a novel.
- Author(s)David Roochnik
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2004
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note22 illustrations
- Weight366 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.