All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFrom his first comic-book appearance in 1939 through his many incarnations on the big screen, the archetypal superhero kwn as The Batman has never been far from the American consciousness. The character shaped the way we read comics and graphic vels, view motion pictures, and analyze the motifs of the Hero, the Anti-Hero and the Villain. He has also captured the scholarly imagination, telling us much about our society and ourselves. These essays examine how Batman is both the canvas on which our cultural identity is painted, and the Eternal Other that informs our own journeys of understanding. Questions relating to a wide range of disciplines--philosophy, literature, psychology, pop culture, and more--are thoroughly and entertainingly explored, in a manner that will appeal both to scholars and to fans of the Caped Crusader alike.
- Author Biography<b>Kevin K. Durand</b> is the dean of academics at the LISA Academy College Preparatory School in Little Rock, Arkansas. He has published broadly in philosophy, religion, and ethics. <b>Mary K. Leigh</b> is a doctoral academy fellow at the University of Arkansas.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteill
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKevin K. Durand,Kevin K. J. Durand,Mary K. Leigh
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.