All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTim Bell is the original 'spin doctor'; the Chairman of Bell Pottinger public relations, and one of the best kwn figures in UK media communications. Right or Wrong is his highly personal account of political, commercial and social life from the '70s to the present day. With a refreshingly uncompromising manner, Bell applies his acerbic wit and resolutely right wing sensibility to everything from managing Margaret Thatcher's election campaigns to his dealings with Ronald Reagan, F.W. de Klerk, the Saatchi brothers, and his late friend David Frost, to name a few. Born into a resolutely middle-class suburban family during the war, he left school at the age of 18 for a job as chart-boy at ABC Television. Rising through the ranks of the burgeoning West End advertising industry, in 1970 he became a co-founder of the Saatchi & Saatchi agency. Bell's main claim to fame, however, was developing campaigns for the Conservative Party during the general elections of 1979, 1983 and 1987, each of which put Margaret Thatcher into Downing Street, and for which he was awarded a knighthood. In his time, he has worked with some of the greatest names of modern politics, business, and media and on world events, historical and controversial alike. First hand memories spill across the pages as Tim Bell gives his ring-side account of key political moments such as the miner's strike, the Cold War, the poll tax riots, the end of Apartheid and the demise of Margaret Thatcher. Controversial, irreverent and outspoken, this is a book that is as polarising as Tim Bell himself. It will attract admiration and rage in equal measure. And he would t have it any other way. Right or Wrong was shortlisted for the Political Biography of the Year in the Political Book Awards 2015.
- Author BiographyTim Bell is a British advertising and public relations executive and founder of Bell Pottinger, one of the most celebrated PR agencies in the UK.
- Author(s)Tim Bell
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: Business
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight539 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.