Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionROAD TO REVOLUTION This is the second part of a trilogy concerning the real story of the Grand Duchesses Olga, Tatiana, Marie and Anastasia. The story carries on through the Russo-Japanese war, the Russian Revolution of 1905 and the setting up of the First Russian Parliament in 1906. It shows how outside events affected the children, and their reactions to it all. For the first time (with the help of the Grand Duchesses' own correspondence) ECS Banks explains what really happened between the sisters and Rasputin in the spring of 1910. The Grand Duchesses' fairy-tale existence is shown as it really was through historical events covering death, murder, deceit, and the lighter moments of fashion faux pas and friendship. In Road to Revolution ECS Banks gets to the heart of the Grand Duchesses' personal lives. THE TSAR'S TRAVELS The third instalment of ECS Banks Romav series mainly concerns Tsar Nicholas II - father to the Grand Duchesses. ECS Banks touches on his childhood, growing up within the confines of a traditional medieval castle, then follows him on a tour of the Far East in 1890 - 1891. After years of living an idle life followed by a career in the army and marriage to Alix, Nicholas became Tsar of Russia. As Tsar, he often felt inadequate. Although Nicholas had immense personal charm, he did t possess the confidence or most of the qualities needed to rule the vast Russian Empire. He endured a serious of personal disasters and constantly struggled to assert himself until his own health broke down in 1900. The Tsar's Travels also includes the early childhood of the Grand Duchesses Olga, Tatiana, Marie, Anastasia and their beloved cousin Princess Elisabeth of Hesse. Containing a collection of Romaov photographs!
- Author BiographyECS Banks is an author and commentator with a real passion for the subject, and dedication to the task. ESC Banks writes for those who share a love and fascination. Through personal experience of tragedy and hardship ECS Banks has an insight into the plight of the Grand Duchesses, and hopes that through this book their story will live on.
- Author(s)E.C.S. Banks
- PublisherSilverWood Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Series TitleThe Romanov Series
- Series Part/Volume Number2, 3
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSilverWood Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight943 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.