All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Cundill (1938-2011) was highly regarded as one of the greatest value investors of his time, but he was also a teacher and mentor who was generous with his kwledge and shared the wealth of his experience with many aspiring investors. He was taken with Aldous Huxley's words that the rhythm of human life is routine punctuated by orgies, and spent his life shaking off the quotidian tasks that dulled thought and striving for the excitement of new experiences. Supported by four decades of Cundill's meticulously kept daily journals, which are intimate, frank, self-admonishing, and confessional, Routines and Orgies covers all aspects of what Cundill referred to as his wonderful life - commercial, artistic, romantic, and adventurous. As he would have wished, the exposure of his investment approach has been carefully continued in this biography by close friend and confidant Christopher Risso-Gill, who initially explored Cundill's professional life in There's Always Something to Do. Routines and Orgies acquaints the reader with a generous and complex man. Spanning over seventy years, and covering most corners of the globe, it is a tale of hard-won professional development and extraordinary challenges faced and survived. Although t meant to be an investment manual, those seeking perspective from an expert mind in finance will find a great deal in its pages.
- Author BiographyChristopher Risso-Gill works as the senior consultant at The Peter Cundill Foundation and is the author of There's Always Something to Do: The Peter Cundill Investment Approach.
- Author(s)Christopher Risso-Gill
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Content Note10 b&w photos
- Weight771 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.