Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- DescriptionTo get to happily-ever-after, sometimes you have to start from scratch. On the worst day of her life, 39-year-old Holly Murphy runs away from suburbia looking for a second chance at the life she once dreamed of, competing on a reality TV cooking show for one million dollars and a new start. But sometimes the life you walk away from doesn't let you go matter how far you run. Worlds away from her rmal Midwestern life, she confronts what it means to have a second chance at happiness only to blow it. Surrounded by cutthroat competitors, alone, and adrift, she channels her passion for creating beautiful food into winning. As she faces one disaster after ather, she must fight for what she loves while facing the truth she discovers about herself, or risk losing it all. A vel about the joy of cooking, selfless love, and a woman's journey to find out who she's truly meant to be. Reviews: -Breezy and fun . . .!- - Publisher's Weekly -Iron Chef vs. the other woman . . .- - Award-winning women's fiction author, Susan Altstatt -This contemporary women's fiction vel has everything women love about chick lit books! Because I'm a huge fan of foodie fiction, I had a blast following Holly as she tries to become the next reality TV chef-sensation. Fans of cozy culinary mysteries will love this fun book too. Highly recommended!- - Chick Lit Plus -A funny, heartfelt, and relatable second-chance saga about a woman navigating the difficulties of mid-life while struggling to maintain a sense of herself. Written with charm, honesty, and an insider's kwledge of what goes on behind the scenes of reality and food television shows; it's a winning recipe for a fun read.- - Amazon ABNA Reviewer (Breakthrough Novel Award Finalist) From the Editor: A humorous, inspiring, and heartwarming story about how the most difficult moments in a woman's life sometimes create opportunities for second chances, love, and self-understanding. A vel about the meaning of home and finding family-where you least expect it. As cooking unlocks memories of a tragic childhood, Holly becomes more determined to find peace with her life and gains a new understanding of herself through her love of food and cooking for others.
- Author BiographyMichele Budka is the real name of an award-winning, bestselling author who writes paranormal romances under a well-known pseudonym. She is best known for her dark and literary short fiction that has been published in magazines, anthologies, and several -Best of the Year- fiction collections.
- Author(s)Michele Budka
- PublisherFull Sail Publishing
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFull Sail Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.