Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout history, symbols have formed and shaped our mental and emotional states, and influenced our behavior. Robert Adkinson's compendium of religious, philosophical, and cultural emblems from a variety of contexts reveals the universal power of these elemental images, bridging the gap between languages and civilizations all over the world. With illuminating commentary, Adkinson positions each image within its cultural context, from the early societies of the Egyptians, the Celts and the Maya, who used visual metaphors to explain natural phemena and illustrate concepts of good and evil, to the icography of Buddhism, Taoism, and Christianity as found in art and architecture, concluding with the complex spiritual puzzles of the mandala, sacred sex, and the Tarot.
- Author BiographyRobert Adkinson is a writer, translator, and editor working in Paris and London.
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight1610 g
- Width169 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine57 mm
- Edited byRobert Adkinson
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.