Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.58+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn just 24 sessions of one hour or less, learn how to build powerful, easy-to-maintain websites with Drupal-fast! Using this book's straightforward, step-by-step approach, you'll master every skill you'll need, from organizing sites and using Drupal's design themes to setting up search, polls, forums, and security. Each lesson builds on what you've already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success! Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Drupal tasks. Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your kwledge. By the Way tes present interesting information related to the discussion. Did You Kw? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks. Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them. Jesse Feiler provides consulting services to small businesses and n-profits through his company, North Country Consulting (rthcountryconsulting.com). His recent books include FileMaker Pro 10 In Depth, The Bento Book, How to Do Everything with Web 2.0 Mashups, and iWork '09 For Dummies(R). Register your book at informit.com/register for convenient access to all sample project source code, as well as updates and corrections as they become available. Category: Web Development Covers: Drupal User Level: Beginning-Intermediate Learn how to...* Make the most of Drupal, whether you're building business, n-profit, or personal sites* Download, install, and configure open source Drupal 6 and 7, and make sure it's working properly* Plan and organize your sites so they are easy to manage-and friendly to both users and search engines* Customize sites with Drupal's extensive library of optional open source modules* Create barebone sites and home pages automatically* Add text, images, links, and other essential site features* Master Drupal's powerful Content Construction Kit (CCK) * Incorporate new types of content, ranging from articles to e-commerce products* Secure Drupal sites by managing users, permissions, roles, and user profiles* Categorize and tag content, and implement full-text search* Promote user involvement with polls, comments, forums, RSS feed aggregation, blogs, and newsletters* Automate and simplify site management with Triggers, Actions, and Rules
- Author BiographyIn 1998, Jesse Feiler wrote Database-Driven Web Sites, one of the first books about the marriage of databases and the web. This relationship between databases and the web has grown and encompassed blogs and Content Management Systems (CMS), culminating in Drupal. Jesse is the author of numerous books on Mac OS X, FileMaker, the web, and various other technologies, such as Bento, mashups, and Facebook. Jesse has worked as a developer and manager for companies such as the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (monetary policy and bank supervision), Prodigy (early web browser), Apple (information systems), New York State Department of Health (rabies and lead poisoning), The Johnson Company (office management), and Young & Rubicam (media planning and new product development). He also consults with small business and nonprofits in areas such as publishing, production, web technology, and contact management. Active in the community, Jesse has served on various nonprofit boards, including HB Studio and Mid-Hudson Library System, as well as zoning and planning boards. He has conducted trustee training sessions for Clinton-Essex-Franklin Library System and other groups. Feiler's website is www.northcountryconsulting.com. It is, of course, powered by Drupal. Downloadable files, updates, and discussion forums for this book are located there.
- Author(s)Jesse Feiler
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication09/11/2009
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSams Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width179 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.