All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe year is 1777. When Scorpion chases a pirate through a storm, both ships are transported into the unkwn - that is the beginning.
- Author BiographySince graduating from Millikin University, in 1976, James R. Poyner has experienced an interesting blend of editing, proofreading, manuscript preparation, and graphics production. Much of that time, of course, has seen the tremendous, technological explosion, which has so dramatically changed writing and publishing, and like others, Mr. Poyner has steadily adapted. At the same time, his professional experience has taught him how to mend and improve the written efforts of others, while further teaching him how to do the same with his own efforts. Among others things, he has developed an excellent, self-critical inner ear. The smooth, fluid style of his prose is evidence of that. Add to that, the texture, rhythm and color acquired from writing verse, and the result is something any reader should appreciate and enjoy. SCORPION, at first blush, is a sea adventure with a little science fiction thrown in. But, thanks to its themes about teamwork, respect, and its various contrasts, it is more than that. It is also one of his newer efforts, having been begun in the early 1990s.
- Author(s)James R. Poyner
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2001
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight202 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.