All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionAncient scriptures, hidden from the world for centuries, have recently attracted unprecedented popular attention. Some were found among the ancient library of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Others include assorted mystical writings kwn as Kabbalah, and a host of books that never made it into the Bible, called Apocrypha (which means hidden ) and the Pseudepigrapha (called false writings by those who suppressed them). Additionally, there are the Gstic texts of Nag Hammadi -- a location in Egypt where a treasure trove of lost books was discovered in the middle of the twentieth century. Collectively, they comprise the Lost Bible. For centuries, these manuscripts were systematically suppressed because their liberating messages of individual power and worth challenged the authority and pet philosophies of political and religious leaders.
- Author BiographyKenneth Hanson, PhD, is an associate professor in the University of Central Florida Judaic studies program. He is the author of Blood Kin of Jesus, Dead Sea Scrolls: The Untold Story, Kabbalah: Three Thousand Years of Mystic Tradition, and Words of Light: Spiritual Wisdom from the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Author(s)Kenneth Hanson
- PublisherCouncil Oak Books
- Date of Publication30/11/2006
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationOklahoma
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCouncil Oak Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.