All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe health risks associated with a sedentary lifestyle and lack of physical activity have become the main concern for health professionals, clinicians and scientists in the 21st century. This book presents readers with a comprehensive examination of the most recent scientific evidence explaining the deteriorating health consequences of sedentary behaviour and physical inactivity across the human lifespan. It also provides vel and effective intervention strategies, primarily those based on physical activity in order to reverse and reduce these health risks, particularly risks related to the metabolism and cardiovascular disease. Empirical research findings and invative scientific models for physical activity and exercise interventions are presented throughout the book based on well-designed research studies by leading authors and practitioners. Readers can also benefit from both scientific and practical recommendations for prescribing physical activity and exercise to address the health risks associated with: sedentary lifestyle and potential benefits for diabetes, epicardial adipose tissues, muscle and joint function mechanics, metabolic and cardiovascular risk prevention. The book also highlights the latest age- and population-specific recommendations for screening and planning effective physical activity, as well as exercise interventions for children, adolescents, older adults and other sedentary individual groups such as sedentary workplace employees and individuals with diabetes. Health benefits are discussed at different complexities of the human body. Nine chapters within this book cover the health risks and adaptive responses to physical activity and exercise at the molecular, cellular, muscular, adipose tissue, metabolic, cardiovascular, and multi-compartment levels of the human body. The book offers excellent scientific insight and practical recommendations for readers across the globe.
- Author BiographyDr Alkhatib is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, an accredited UK nutritionist (RNutr), a clinical physiologist and a certified international sports nutritionist (CISSN). He is also a Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy (FHEA), and his PhD and MSc in Exercise Sciences from the University of Essex. Dr Alkhatib has a distinguished academic career spanning over twenty years in the fields of sport and exercise science, health and nutrition. Dr Alkhatib is currently the Head of Sport and Exercise Science Division at Abertay University in the UK following his tenures at several senior academic positions including those in the UK at Sheffield Hallam, Lincoln, Essex, Suffolk, Greenwich and Middlesex, and internationally when he developed a Sport Science Department in Qatar. Dr Alkhatib is widely published in his field and almost 100 publications and has won several excellence research and academic awards. His current research focuses on novel nutritional and exercise based intervention strategies for weight loss, disease prevention and enhancing exercise performance.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byAhmad Alkhatib
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.