All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionEncompassing works by 700 photographers, the Marjorie and Leonard Vern collection dates back to the 1840s and the birth of the medium. In this volume Britt Salvesen has selected over 100 works from this massive collection and organised them sequentially in four categories that build upon and complement one ather: descriptive naturalism, subjective naturalism, experimental modernism and romantic modernism. This new arrangement of the Vern collection allows us to understand the interconnection between photography and visual experience. Works by history's most acclaimed photographers and the author's thoughtful observations are accompanied by writings in the field of cognitive psychology, neuroscience, and art history. As the art world is increasingly interconnected with science and techlogy, this book offers a much-needed meditation on how this synergy is played out in the area of photography.
- Author BiographyBRITT SALVESEN is the department head and curator of the Wallis Annenberg Photography Department and the department of prints and drawings at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
- Author(s)Britt Salvesen
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Out-of-print date10/08/2016
- Content Note150 colour
- Weight1520 g
- Width216 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.