All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionSelected Poems of Isabella Andreini comprises an extensive historical and analytical introduction, followed by 100 poems given in their original Italian, with facing-page verse translations. It will be a welcome addition to classroom literature in comparative literatures, women's studies, and Italian studies. It is the first modern publication of a significant body of Andreini's poems in English translation.
- Author BiographyAnne MacNeil is a fellow of the American Academy in Rome and the American Association of University Women and currently holds a faculty appointment at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is the author of Music and Women of the Commedia dell'Arte in the Late Sixteenth Century. James Wyatt Cook is Langbo Trustees' professor emeritus at Albion College. The author of several books and numerous studies and reviews, Cook has been a research fellow of the British Academy, the Newberry Library, the Pontifical Institute for Mediaeval Studies, and the Centre for Reformation and Renaissance Studies at the University of Toronto.
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- LanguageEnglish & Italian
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width148 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAnne MacNeil
- Translated byJames Wyatt Cook
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.