All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionSelections from Ystorya Bown o Hamtwn provides edited selections, together with an introduction, tes, and glossary, from a long and entertaining thirteenth century Welsh text which belongs to the genre of medieval translations. The source of Ystorya Bown is the Anglo-Norman Geste de Boeve de Haumtone . This was a very popular tale in the Middle Ages and was translated t only into Welsh, but also into Middle English and Old Norse, and, via an English intermediary, into Early Modern Irish. This story allows fascinating insights into the heroic Christian mentality and world view of its audiences.
- Author BiographyErich Poppe is currently professor of Celtic Studies and General Linguistics at the Philipps-Universitaet Marburg, formerly lecturer in Celtic Studies at the University of Cambridge.Regine Reck is a research assistant in the Department Vergleichende Sprachwissenschaft at the University of Marburg.
- PublisherUniversity of Wales Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLibrary of Welsh Medieval Literature
- Place of PublicationWales
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Wales Press
- Weight181 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byErich Poppe,Regine Reck
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.