All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating, well-written, and potentially controversial book is a wide-ranging exploration of the essential issues relevant to IQ. Charles Locurto examines data on the effectiveness of preschools; the impacts of adoption, heredity, and the role of environment; he evaluates the possibility of enhancing IQ in the early years; and he brilliantly describes and analyzes the major cases relevant to IQ research. Sense and Nonsense about IQ is truly an excellent sourcebook on the subject of human intelligence and its measurement. Locurto reaches conclusions about the benefits of preschools, adoptions, social class, and family events that will gain attention and evoke discussion. The balance of the work, neither identifying with those who follow the extremes of hereditarianism or of environmentalism, ensures that Locurto's volume will be a most valuable resource for all with a serious interest in this subject which has so many far-reaching implications.
- Author BiographyCHARLES LOCURTO is Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Psychology at the College of the Holy Cross. He is Senior Editor of Autoshaping and Conditioning Theory. Dr. Locurto has also contributed articles to Animal Learning and Behavior, Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, and Intelligence.
- Author(s)Charles Locurto
- Date of Publication19/06/1991
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.